- Cost: $0 - $
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Ages: 18 years and above
- Insurance Accepted: View list
Primary Care video appointments offer patients convenient general, chronic and preventive care. You can select a primary care virtual provider as your PCP or just receive care as needed.
About Primary Care Video Appointments
Primary Care video appointments provide convenient care to diagnose and treat a wide variety of healthcare concerns from general and chronic conditions to preventive needs. Your condition will be reviewed, and a recommended treatment plan will be provided. Our primary care virtual providers can write prescriptions, order lab and radiology tests, refer you to a specialist, and guide you to convenient immunization resources.
Primary care virtual providers cannot prescribe controlled substances. If you currently require a controlled substance, please check with your PCP or establish care with a clinic-based Presbyterian provider.
What to Expect
We want to make getting care simple and easy.
- You will be prompted to log into MyChart. You must create a MyChart account if you do not already have one.
- Within MyChart, select "Video Appointment" as your reason for the visit. You will be able to search and select appointment options and test your smart phone or other device.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will be emailed an appointment confirmation and instructions.
- You must complete eCheck-In before your appointment to enable the Join Video link.
- You will receive appointment reminders about your upcoming visit. A few minutes before your appointment, log into MyChart and find your appointment. Select the Join Video link. Joining the video places you in a virtual waiting room. Wait for your provider to enter.
- Your After Visit Summary will be available in MyChart following your appointment.
Types of Conditions Treated
- Bell's palsy
- Bladder infections
- COPD & asthma (diagnosing & mild exacerbations)
- Cough, cold & flu
- Depression & anxiety
- Dermatology issues (e.g. acne, eczema, recurrent infections)
- General adult medical exam
- GERD & gout
- Headaches & Migraines
- High blood pressure/hypertension
- High cholesterol
- Low thyroid
- Prescription renewals
- And many other conditions
Primary Care video appointments cannot be used for:
- Prescribing controlled substances.
- Evaluation and management of severe, uncontrolled conditions. Specialists will be engaged.
- Pneumonia with fever/cough/tachycardia, unexplained fever or mild abdominal pain, and male genitourinary symptoms. Urgent Care is recommended.
- Serious and severe conditions, such as stroke symptoms, severe abdominal pain/back pain/headache, uncontrolled vomiting, kidney stones, major cuts, suicidal thoughts, and sudden change in mental state. Emergency Care is recommended.
Charges related to telehealth services are determined by your insurance plan. Please check with your health insurer if you have any questions.